An Important University Hospital in the South of Ireland requires a Consultant in Respiratory Medicine.
The hospital is a dynamic and fast paced, large Model 3 Acute Hospital situated in the South of Ireland. As a member of the South/South West Hospital Group, the hospital is the third largest hospital within the Group, has close links to the tertiary referral centre at Cork University Hospital. As a teaching hospital it is affiliated with University College Cork as its primary academic partner.
Onsite specialist teams include Medical, Surgical, Paediatrics, Neonatal, Critical care, Coronary care, Maternity, Orthopaedics, Palliative and Mental health.
- Initial contract of 1 year. Possibility of becoming permanent after a year or so.
- Approximate net monthly salary of 7000-8000€ net/month after tax and pension deductions for Consultant positions. Could have the possibility to earn more money through private patients attending the hospital. Typical long term Consultants in Ireland are earning in excess of 10.000€ net/month (approximately 200.000€ gross/year).
- 31 working days per Year holidays for Consultants+ public holidays (there is 9 in a year).
- 7 study days leave per year to attend conferences or further education for Consultants.
- Up to 3000€ for educational funding for Consultants.
- Lucrative pension scheme included.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Should be on the Specialist registrar of the Irish Medical Council for Respiratory Medicine/Pulmonology/General internal Medicine with S.I. in respiratory medicine, if this is NOT the case we will help all eligible candidates to get registered with the Irish Medical Council on the Specialist Registrar . Please consider that the process can take up to 3-4 months in total.
- Have a very good command of written and spoken English.
- Good motivation to go to Ireland to work as a doctor asap.
4. At least 5-6 years experience in Respiratory Medicine is required (including your training years).
5. Experience in General Internal Medicine will also be required for this kind of post.
All candidates who are interested should send a detailed CV in English, ASAP as interviews are currently being held, to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. Extra and more precise information on the job places will be given once we receive the CVs.